The FT232R is the latest device to be added to FTDI’s range of USB UART interface Integrated Circuit Devices. The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output, and the new FTDIChip-ID™ security dongle feature. In addition, asynchronous and synchronous bit bang interface modes are available. USB to serial designs using the FT232R have been further simpliﬁed by fully integrating the external EEPROM, clock circuit and USB resistors onto the device.
The FT232R adds two new functions compared with its predecessors, effectively making it a “3-in-1” chip for some application areas. The internally generated clock (6MHz, 12MHz, 24MHz, and 48MHz) can be brought out of the device and used to drive a microcontroller or external logic. A unique number (the FTDIChip-ID™) is burnt into the device during manufacture and is readable over USB, thus forming the basis of a security dongle which can be used to protect customer application software from being copied.
The FT232R is available in Pb-free (RoHS compliant) compact 28-Lead SSOP and QFN-32 packages.
· USB to RS232 / RS422 / RS485 Converters
· Upgrading Legacy Peripherals to USB
· Cellular and Cordless Phone USB data transfer cables and interfaces
· Interfacing MCU / PLD / FPGA based designs to USB
· USB Audio and Low Bandwidth Video data transfer
· PDA to USB data transfer
· USB Smart Card Readers
· USB Instrumentation
· USB Industrial Control
· USB MP3 Player Interface
· USB FLASH Card Reader / Writers
· Set Top Box PC - USB interface
· USB Digital Camera Interface
· USB Hardware Modems
· USB Wireless Modems
· USB Bar Code Readers
· USB Software / Hardware Encryption Dongles
Your message must be between 20-8000 characters